Entry Deadline: October 31st, 2012
- All those composers who wish to participate may do so.
- The compositions should be original and unedited, and have a duration of more than fifteen minutes and less than twenty minutes.
- The content of the work, as well as its form, shall be of ‘free choice’ (not allowed to work for solo instrument and wind orchestra), and arranged for the instruments detailed in the attached annex (below). It should be noted that the jury will expect the use of ALL of the instruments listed in the annex except those which are indicated as optional. Failure to comply with this rule could result in the disqualification of the entry.
- All entries must be received by 31st October 2012 and the jury’s decision will be announced before the end of the year 2012.
- Entries should be sent, within the specified time, to:
EXMO. AYUNTAMIENTO DE TORREVIEJA
INSTITUTO MUNICIPAL DE CULTURA
“JOAQUIN CHAPAPRIETA TORREGROSA”
REGISTRO – OFICINA PROP – C/ HERMANOS BAZAN, 6
03181 TORREVIEJA – ALICANTE – ESPAÑA.
- A single prize of twelve thousand euros (12,000€) will be offered to the winner.
- The prize will be subject to taxes according to law. This will apply both to Spanish nationals as well as non Spanish competitors regardless of their place of residence.
- The jury which will decide the winning entry will be composed of five members, all recognised within the world of music and nominated by the Ayuntamiento de Torrevieja (Town Council).
- The prize-winning composition will receive its “PREMIER” during a special concert by the “UNION MUSICAL TORREVEJENSE” (www.unionmusicaltorrevejense.com) sometime during the first semester of 2013.
- Regardless that the rights of ownership of the entry will remain with the author, he / she, in accordance with the rules of this competition, will be obliged to ensure that, in any future publication of the composition, the winning entry will be publicised with the following annex: “PRIZEWINNER OF THE X ANNUAL SYMPHONY COMPOSITION CONTEST “CIUDAD DE TORREVIEJA”. 2012.
- All other works submitted and not deemed to be the winner will be kept by the ‘Ayuntamiento’ of Torrevieja for a period of three months from the date of the publication of jury’s decision, after which the composers may collect their entries in person or by sending an authorised representative.
- The competition shall be declared void if the jury should decide that the standard required has not been reached.
- The submission of any entry to this competition shall be considered as a full acceptance by the competitor of these rules. Any decision by the jury, with regards to the winning entry or any other matter relating to this competition, shall be considered as final.
Annex to Rule 3:
Clarinet E Bemol
Clarinet B Bemol Solo and 1º
Clarinet B Bemol 2º 3º
Sax Sopr B Bemol
Alt Sax E Bemol 1,2
Tenor Sax B Bemol 1,2
Bariton Sax E Bemol
Bass Sax (Opcional)
Horn F 1,2,3,4
Trumpets B Bemol 1,2,3,4
Trombone 1,2,3 y 4 (Trombone 4º may be replaced by Bass Trombone)
Flügelhorn B Bemol 1, 2 (Fliscorno)
Euphonium B bemol 1, 2 (Bombardino)
Tubas in C
The spirit and intention of this competition is that the entries should be suitable for playing by musician members of a “Banda Sinfónica”, (as understood in Spain). Works which do not strictly meet this criteria may be disqualified.
eMail Contact: Pedro Hernandez
|October 31, 2012|